Downloads and Forms
The Barrhaven Girls Basketball Association was incorporated in 2002 under the Canada Corporations Act and in 2010 became the Nepean Basketball Association, which was continued in 2014 under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act). The minimum number of directors is 3 and the maximum is 10. Association directors are the members of the Executive Committee, which is the board of directors for the purposes of the NFP Act.
By-law amendments were enacted by the Executive Committee on May 10, 2021 and confirmed by majority vote of members at the AGM of June 14, 2021. Amendments include allowing virtual meetings of members.
Bursaries are awarded annually to four NBBA players (one boy and girl from each of the Competitive and Recreational Programs). The recipients are chosen on merits relating to their academic standing, contributions to the community and their involvement with NBBA. The Bursary requirements are as follows:
- You must be a currently registered player of the NBBA.
- You must be under the age of 21.
- You must be registered to attend a post-secondary institution on a full time basis for the upcoming academic year.
- You must provide at least one letter of reference from a coach, teacher or community leader that speaks to your involvement with NBBA, the community and your school activities.
- Your bursary application, including your letter of reference, must be received by May 21, 2021.