As points of emphasis for the 2022-23 season, we would like to
- recruit women and NBBA alumni as coaches
- enlist U15 to U19 players as "junior coaches" to coach or help coach younger players up to U14 (junior coaches will be at least two years older than the players they are coaching)
- grow the junior referee program (see Junior Officials).
Here are links to 2022-23 forms (the applicant is the "participant" in the forms):
- Coaching Registration
- Should be used by all confirmed and prospective coaches as there are required waivers. We also require NCCP# and certification level for competitive coaches.
- Junior Referee Application Form
- Scorekeeping Application Form
The NBBA runs on the strength of its volunteers. Each season, more than 150 volunteers are needed to keep the association operating. Volunteers fulfill a variety of roles including coaches, team managers, parents on duty, convenors, coordinators, event volunteers and executive members. Without these volunteers, we would simply not be able to run our many programs.
Many of our volunteer positions do not require basketball experience. We have always taken pride in training our volunteer coaches to offer the best development experience possible for our players (see the Coaches Corner for resources, and we cover the cost of NCCP courses).
Please join us in, not only making basketball possible, but better and stronger in our community.
If you would like additional information about volunteering with our club, please contact our General Manager, who would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
In order to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our players, it is vital that all of our volunteers pass a Police Records Check. This can now be done online. Below is the link with information about the Online process and a link to the Vulnerable Sector Check, which is what is required by NBBA.
Online Application– Vulnerable Sector Check
- The fee for this service is waived for volunteers.
- Before proceeding, please contact our General Manager at email@example.com to obtain a confirmation letter regarding your involvement.
Screening tools also include interviews, CVs and reference checks.